Adam Lippes is looking for talented, motivated students to assist the Product Development and Design teams in our Nomad studio in NYC. Our interns gain hands on experience by providing support to the PD team through fabric and trim sourcing, buying, issuing cut tickets, visiting factories, and assisting in fittings, photo shoots, and presentations. Interns benefit from a small, close-knit working environment by viewing all aspects of the brand, as both development and production are done in NYC's garment district, a 10-minute subway ride from the studio.
A positive attitude, willingness to learn, and enthusiasm are key. We offer school credit for enrolled students, and for non-students a daily stipend is provided upon request. Both full-time and part-time internships are available. Must currently live in the NYC area.
Responsibilities & Skills
- Sourcing and distributing development and production fabrics and trims
- Researching embroidery and dyeing techniques
- Communicating with local vendors and factories
- Assisting designers in fittings
- Maintaining an organized design office
- Maintaining fabric and style boards
- Updating BOM and RLM
- Tracking trim development and delivery
- Understand garment, sample and fabric development process
- Gain knowledge of fabrics by category
- Gain working vocabulary of fashion industry
- Time management
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org